The Matching Process
- A Mentee completes a pALZ™ application, describing the situation and support sought.
- The pALZ program liaison reviews the submission and assigns a match.
- Mentors and Mentees are introduced via email, with the mentor reaching out to arrange a time to connect.
- The nature of each mentoring relationship is unique. Mentors and Mentees may communicate via phone, video chat, email or in person. Pairs determine the depth and extent of their relationship, and are encouraged to communicate expectations and time commitments.
- Provide a safe environment for conversations about Alzheimer’s disease.
- Share experiences and help Mentees gain insight into their own situations.
- Encourage Mentees to become educated about Alzheimer’s disease by visiting www.alz.org or calling the 24/7 Helpline at 800.272.3900.
Mentors should never offer medical advice or attempt to assume the responsibilities of a medical professional.
- Participate in a safe, supportive and confidential exchange
- Receive personal support and companionship. The pALZ program is not meant as a means to provide medical advice, referrals or financial support.
If you are interested in participating in this program,
click to complete the pALZ Application Form